Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bar soap on my skin? I don't think so!

OK, so what's up on the title?

Way back when, when I was still a preteen, my skin went through a major change. I suddenly could no longer use a lot of the soaps and detergents that I always could before.

My skin would dry out, crack and bleed, and usually feel like it was on fire too. So after many trial and errors and several hundreds of dollars later I had myself a list of possible soaps I could use.

It needs to be liquid and generally no fragrance either. But I want to use pretty soaps too! No fair :(

One day while in the www.etsy.com chat room I was admiring with sadness the fancy bar soaps that skinessentials.etsy.com and AdamsboroSundries.etsy.com had in their shops when I ended up in discussions which soon turned into a soap 101 talk with them and I ended up purchasing 2 bars from each of them to bravely try on my reactive cranky skin.

I chose lemon grass soap and rosemary mint soap from www.skinessentials.etsy.com and bee balm soap for me and sweet pea soap for my mom from AdamsboroSundries.etsy.com.

TOTALLY loved the scents and better yet my skin didn't fall off! WOW, I can use pretty soap now too.

Turns out the quality in handmade soap is much better then the stuff you buy in the stores and much nicer on the skin too. I would never have tried it otherwise if those too didn't take a moment to give me a correction talk in the differences of store bought soap and handmade soap.

I am very grateful to them both.

Cept now I have a handmade soap addiction problem, which is how this blog got started. So I guess its' OK.

I decided I would run a "What soap am I using now?" blog. Telling all you readers out their what I think of that soap, and hopefully make it easier for you to decide if you want to give handmade soap a try too and if so what scent and what buyer to seek out first.

I look forward to reading every one's comments, and I hope you all come back often to read about what soap I'm using now.

You will also find a rate the soap list too that I will be compiling along the travels of my "got to try em all!" soap addiction path.

I will also do a feature soap artist spot every month.

Best regards for now, excuse me but I think my new Lemon Grass Soap from www.skinessentials.etsy.com is calling me to the showers!

No comments: